the smell of canadian rain

A place to share your voices with janis so she can write them into a new play. What does Canadian rain smell like? Stars, apparently.

7.06.2006

summer

Thanks you guys for everything you've written so far. You've really got me thinking about stuff and it's awesome to hear what you're thinking.

I haven't been posting as much as I'd like this summer because, well, things have been crazy and summer has this way of getting away from me. I'm wondering if any of you feel similarly. And I'm curious what you're all up to this summer. How are you spending your days? I really have no idea what your day-to-days are like. Clue me in?

Also, it would be awesome if everyone could leave an introduction on that first post so that I can have a sketch of each one of you. And, while I think I've figured most of your identities from your usernames... it would be oh so helpful if you leave your real names on that introduction post too.

And, one more thing. A couple of you have emailed me individually with stories or thoughts you want me to know. I think this is super and I hope you all will do that at some point. With the first Rain, those kids kept journals during our collaboration and then I read and left notes in them so that we could have one-on-one dialouges and I could really get to know them. Since I'm all the way over here in Chicago (and very soon France!) maybe we could consider email like those journals. So... feel free. I always write back.

3 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

every day this week i've been at the street performers festival. sadly, i haven't seen very many shows. - which is unbelievably embarassing since my dad is a magician and is performing there. i've spent all my time in the "ATB financial big tent" where they have workshops (one of which my dad hosts) - he does the magic one. there is also a juggling workshop. i can juggle now! not very well, but i'm getting there. that is also where i met a new friend, who lives in calgary and is actually leaving tomorrow.
about a week and a half ago i went to new york. which was amazingly fun. just walking down times square and seeing all the lights and skyscrapers was amazing. we also saw a broadway musical! - hairspray. which was also very good.
i will be going to vancouver island for my cousin's wedding.
and finally, i will be working at the fringe festival at a sideshow put on by my familly. inside information: this year it will be scorpion girl. i invite everyone to come check it out.
other than that my summer is pretty uneventful.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Business Students' Association said...

well my favorite part of summer is not knowing what day it is. i've just got back from a reunion from some buddies in the middle east so i have to get back into the groove of things, by that i mean that my sleep depravity has caused me to fall asleep at random times. Sleeping at 6am and waking up at 10am for 10 days will do alot to you. Well yeah thats my summer im also going to kelowna with some fmaily freinds.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, this summer started out with me going to Red Deer on July 2 for TVI (Teen Video Intensive) to learn about movie-making and it was SO much fun and completely worth going to. I got back on July 8 and went bowling that same day at Gateway Lanes. Then on July 13, Jr Nationals for diving started so I went and watched that for a few days and the banquet was on Sunday the 16th, which I also went to. July 17 was my first day back at work since May 26 and my first day of Calm 20 summer school. The most boring class of all time. Hahah oh well, now I'm done, today was my last day. Now I'm working full time until school starts. I'm going to have to do some volunteering at Capital Care Grandview starting in August. Plus I'm taking driver's ed and then I can get my license so I can drive. That's pretty much everything for this summer, give or take a few thousand pages in books I would like to read plus a few hundred hours of movies I'd like to watch. My plan was to be productive this summer. It's been good so far.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home